domingo, 3 de julio de 2011

Tales from Rapture


The little brothers








Since the beginning of civil war, Rapture never have this kind of problems.
I remember when before the riots in 1958 I worked with Dr. Steinman, giving beauty to the poor people that born less attractive.
My name is Wilhelm Hawkins, ex Steinman assistant and director of little brother's daycare.
Last week, I've noticed about the escape from rapture of the Ryan son. It was very terrific. I've heard about people that have escaped from here, but everybody that went out were normal people that never used plasmids... These fucking beatniks... I can't believe that their manners saved them...
Why I'm recording this, is because I'm ready to escape from here with my children. Was a blessing that nobody have come here, neither the Ryan's bastard or the stupid submarine guy; my kids are my only friends in this corrupted city, but I know, their are not humans yet...they are monster that spliced up more than the rest of Rapture and maybe they kills me, but I will not forsake them here...alone while the sisters are playing with those monsters created by Suchong.
First, I must tell you, whoever you are that listen it, that my kids were like angels when they arrived here, inclusive one or two were born in Rapture; innocent poor things.
Before the creation of little girls, Suchong tested a way to make ADAM, using the male body... "they can support more than the girls, No matter" said. While I'm caring of the boys, I've heard Dr. Tenenbaum talking about possible secondary effects in the body caused by testosterone when they enter puberty, reason by she convinced the community of scientist to use the girls, but the damage was done; all boys that have used to test were left in the renamed "little brothers Therapy room", a basement under Ryan Amusements that were designed to me for direct it.
The boys were very affected. First, they would need a breath mask and a oxygen tank the whole life, because Suchong have to remove lungs to put two different slugs inside them (One could produce ADAM as the girls, but the second could convert ADAM in EVE)... We never recorded it, but I guess that they can splice themselves, by the way I think that they can kill me if I release them). Also, they haven't guardians as the girls, if I'm wrong and they are weaker, I were sent they to death, Finally, They actually lives hating people and... I can't imagine that they could do if... Doesn't matter...
I'm ready to do that.

-During three hours, Hawkins released every boy on the individual beds covered with plastic. He only saw helpless boys near to cry of happiness for to see somebody helping they, except in the bed covered number 67, with a name printed: BOBBY PORTER.
He was Milton Porter's son. Contrary to other boys, he was very aggressive and smart. His father sent him to the daycare because he can't resist his cruel jokes and bad manners.
Fist, the boy smiled to Hawkins, grateful with his savior and ran out there. Then, Hawkins took the recorder again to say something, but stopped recording when heard a weird noise... something like organic breaking, he thought. Then continued recording:

The little brothers are free now... I still alive, I'm glad for it.
When Johnny Topside went to Ryan Amusements, he unconsciously gave us a chance to go out via the broken train tracks and a coral assembly to Fort Frolic, when I wish, I can found an opportunity to escape from here. The boys are no more my duty, I'm proud.

-Hawkins finally came to Fort Frolic. There he saw something disgusting: He saw a dead big daddy, completely dry...
Wen he put a feet on scenario, The memories started: his first date inside Rapture with Angelina, the girl that left him for a guy named Dieter; One day that he performed an stand-up comedy show at the amateur's night... that night when he was introduced to Sander Cohen, who is the man who was looking...
while he was walking in Fort Frolic, he saw a silhouette walking proud
"he could be Cohen" - thought.
But when the face was lit, the monster that Coen became appeared.
"Who are you, stranger?"-Asked the deformed musician
"I'm Wilhelm, the Steinman assistant. I'm looking for a bathysphere to escape from here"
"Of course, I remember you! You are the man that will care of the children..." -next to say it, his voice changed into angry an said:
"YOU ARE THE STUPID THAT LET THE KIDS GO OUT!"
Hawkins knew that nobody could know about the boys except Suchong, Tenenbaum and Ryan... If he knew it, could be due the boys has already came.
He ran out, being chased by Coen and three splicers, but he found a site to hide.
The place was not good; it was a house in the good times, but now is just a lot of garbage and concrete. He took his recorder and begun to talk.

Go to Cohen was a bad idea. I will take the big daddy's armor that I saw in the entrance...I hope that it still there... Cohen knows about the children and he guess that I let free them. It's true, but
when I released them, they are good boys... unless the noise I've heard was from one of them...
He stopped the recorder again and slipped to the entrance where saw a little brother playing with it.

-He tried to approach, but saw how the boy injected a telekinesis plasmid and lifted the armor and three dead bodies at the same time... to play with them recreating the moment when they died. His fragile body had enough strength due to the ADAM and EVE that were produced inside him, but even so the little brother needed the breath mask an the oxygen tank to live.
He took a stone and threw it to the tank's catheter. What happened next, he described it in a recording:

The boy grunted and turned, seeing me. while he's dying, he threw to me the dead bodies and a gun that one of the splicers had before to die... Little brothers are rare creatures, I can't imagine what they will do if becomes friends of the Big daddies now that the sisters had gone... Of course, I could have used that plasmid that saved little sisters, but I was scaredand I didn't think...
................................................................................................
Now I look like as a big daddy. I put the helmet and ran to the exit... There I've found Grace holloway that becomes angry just for see me, but she don't shows classic symptoms of splicing, I don't....

-She stopped recording.
"you, damn bastard!" "you don't fool me! You are that murderer!"
-Holloway didn't spliced. She was sane, and recognized him; Few years later, as vengeance of Angelina and Dieter, he hired Fontaine´s hitmen to finish they. They were hiding the bodies under the gardens of Arcadia when she appeared and, bribing one of the hitmen, thinking that it could be a murder ordered by Ryan or Fontaine, obtained information about the mastermind of the crime. Disappointed, she let in peace the hitmen, but never forgot the name and his face... When Hawkins and Coen were presented, She was behind him, listening the conversation casually.
"YOU ARE A MURDER! MURDER! MURDER!"
Then, He ran again. One murder in his life was enough, the little brother didn't count because for him, the boy were already a monster. Two splicers appeared suddenly and injured him, using the rivet gun he defeated they and ran to Arcadia. Now, he had pain not only in his body, but also in his heart, missing his only love.
Having Reached to Arcadia, he went to the site when Angelina was buried and found the reason of his fears: the improvised tomb was being excavated by a big sister (but how he didn't know they existence, he thought that she was a skinny Big Daddy...) and a little brother... Bobby.
They attacked him and left half dead, when Big daddy went to kill off, one spider splicer tried to attack the little brother, which he took to escape and hide. He took his recorder and said, knowing that here was no more opportunities, said his last words.

I'm near to death. I don't regret anything, I released the boys because I think that it is correct. Is a shame that I caused the death of two lovers, but I'm already death. I'm felling good because my kids have company... Big daddies helps they again... But I hope that nobody come here as Topside or Jack...

-Now, He is lying death at the entrance of Arcadia, Death by one of the boys that he saved... Rapture have a new quest for ADAM... the boys have more as the girls, but splicers need to be more intelligent to get it...



No hay comentarios: