miércoles, 6 de julio de 2011

Tales From Rapture


Letters from Columbia





May 31.

Mom, Despite the negative of my wife, I'm now Here, in the flying paradise of Columbia. I must admit that first I thought that it was irrational because, well, you know; a flying city alien-free? It was just a wet dream! but now I can tell that it is REAL, and I wish you were here to see this white paradise.
All America must be flying someday, because we have everything that you imagine: Parks, animals, but not only dogs or cats; cattle, also a zoo... when I said Everything, I said it seriously.
Mom, I sent this letter using a crow (but I must say, originally my vigor is expensive and used as protection, because it controls a a group of murder crows, and I get the vigor using a cheat that I don't say to you...), I hope not scare you, in Columbia, anybody can use a vigor to control birds, or levitate inanimate objects... It's very amazing

Greetings.
Phil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4.

Mommy, I met a girl named Elizabeth, She is beautiful like an angel, but for any reason, except for a cold "Good morning", she don't talk. I guess she´s important for the city, but I think I'm in love... What would I do, mom? I have a wife there, among racial filth... but she is here, in front of me every day. her scent of roses is beautiful, almost like real flowers... By the way although is forbidden to talk about, I begin to think that we need foreign manpower, because not everyone wants to work with heavy tasks....

Greetings.
Phil.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 15

That woman are not an angel!!! She have a demon within. I can't explain, but a week ago, I tried to talk with her. At first, as you guess, she would not, but gradually I got a conversation with her.
All the time that I spent with her, I felt observed,next, a politician named Saltonstall, that wants to be a councilman for the ward 6, are asking things about me... I don't understand nothing, but since I've sent the past letter, strange things have happened... I know I told you she's not an angel, but I still in love. Obviously, she don't know about my wife and I will not say nothing about it. Tomorrow she will introduce me to her friends... I'm nervous...

Greetings.
Phil.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 30

Mom, I have scared just to know that someone (or something) has read this letter, because Elizabeth's friends are actually anarchists decided to destroy everything that is good in the city. Columbia don't allow this behavior. The group is named "Vox Populi", but hey are against the founders, mainly Zachary Hale, the leader of this community. Elizabeth is obsessed to find him, but I don't want to do it. Yesterday, Daisy Fitzroy attacked a guy only for said that Columbia are better because have not weak people like as animals...
The worst? I see her everywhere!, in banners, projections, I swear that once I saw her face made by the birds!!! that is impossible! even using vigors that performance is just impossible!
This nightmare is going worst, the people are talking about the songbird... I don't know what in the hell is it, but I'm afraid for my life...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 5

Next to the independence day, Saltonstall went to fetch me, because He discovered that I'm not a pure American because I have Irish and Latin blood ¿Why did you told me this before, mom? They were talking about drop me from here, until an incendiary bomb stopped their plans... Apparently, Daisy Fitzroy has watching me, and send people to save me this time, but in fact, they also abducted me.
While they conducted me to their base, I dreamed with a world when people don't fight each against others, a submarine utopia that... Forget it, I'm getting off the subject...
I came to their den, and I saw a woman behind a curtain that told me about how they saved my life and I have to pay the favor helping them to burn a warehouse owned by Marlowe, the main Vigor's producer... I couldn't say no. She had a very strong charm, I've heard about a vigor that do it, but I don't know if she used it.
Mom, a civil war is approaching... last night I saw a handyman (excuse me for not saying this before, but the city have a kind of people made by steel walking sometimes around the city) going out from my house, and I found it completely destroyed... tomorrow I will use the rest of my vigor and I will do the correct...
This will be my last letter, because although I could survive, I will not involve you in this madness NEVER...

Greetings.
Phil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 6.

Dear mother.

I fought against the evil anarchists who was seeking to destroy a warehouse, I fought for the freedom in Columbia, resulting injured for the rest of my life... it's sad, I know, but it will be my last letter because I'm engaged with a girl, and I want to have a new family far away from my past life.
Please, If somebody asks you for me, tell that 'm dead, because, in fact, I'm dead for you and the rest of that people that live with inferior races.
Please, give the same amount to the messenger, apparently, the post service changed personal this time...

I love you, mother.
Phillip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 6.
Dear mom.
Excuse me for send this letter by this way, but I fear that Hale intercept this letter, the last letter that I will send to you because the people here are going mad...
Please, tell to the world the horrible things that happens here, tell they about the use of animals to kill people, tell abut Zachary Hale and the brave people that oppose him and his evil planes to put a racist government here.
Elizabeth is very far away of me, but I hope that when it finish and the brave Daisy Fitzroy lead the city, to go down and marry with her blessing... if I longer survive,of course... Mother, I lost my left leg and maybe I can't survive, but If I survive, let me to tell something, I'm very proud of Vox Populi.

Pray for my peace in heaven.
Philip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No hay comentarios: